The Remedy for Northwest Ohio’s Hard Water – Culligan Water Softeners
See, and taste, the difference soft water can make in your home, from better water to lower utility bills. Find out how good your water can truly be, with Culligan.
Stubborn buildup on fixtures, dry skin, worse-looking laundry, appliances breaking down quicker; there are countless ways that Tiffin and Fremont’s hard water can be taxing on you and your home. Culligan water softeners provide high efficiency solutions to more effectively remove the impurities that are causing the hard water issues throughout your home.
Primarily coming from the Sandusky river, the area’s water comes from surface water sources. Between leaving the source and getting to your home, though, this water will go through several layers of treatment. While these treatment protocols are necessary to make sure that you can drink your water, it doesn’t filter out magnesium, calcium, or iron - the dissolved minerals responsible for hard water in your home. These minerals are to blame for the buildup in your plumbing and appliances, which is draining you and your wallet.
Hard Water Problems in Fremont and Tiffin
While hard water typically causes several cosmetic side effects, such as dry skin, stiff laundry, or stained fixtures, the most serious issues that it can cause in your home are harder to see. The minerals that affect your water can, for example, shorten the lifespan of your major appliances, because hard water causes them more strain than softer water would. These minerals, which are easy enough to find in many Northwest Ohio homes, can cause major long-term problems.
Efficient Water Softening Systems to Safeguard Your Home
Culligan’s water softeners are personalized to combat the specific water problems that are plaguing your Tiffin home. We provide testing and evaluation of your water, as well as installation and maintenance on all systems. Our custom water softeners are tailored to remove the impurities and minerals that are present in your water supply. This will leave you with only the softest water, which will work more efficiently in your home. And all of this is only a phone call away.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Water Softener!
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Soap scum and stains are two of the most visible problems associate with hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Hard water will clog your pores, leaving your skin dry and itchy. Your hair can also become damaged and unmanageable due to hard water. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Calcium and Magnesium in your water can cause your laundry to become stiff or hard. A Culligan Water Softener will not only make your water softer, but also reduce your detergent use. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Soap Scum/Lime Buildup
Soap scum and lime build up are the residues that you see left behind on faucets, in your tub and in your sinks. It’s caused by hard water and can be damaging to your pipes and fixtures. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Spots on Glass/Cloudy Glassware
Hard water will leave your glasses spotted and dirty looking even when they come straight out of the dishwasher. Let your Culligan Man recommend which water softener is right for your home!
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
Total dissolved solids include a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds found in your water such as nitrates, chloride and phosphates. Culligan has a customized treatment solution based off of the TDSs found in your water, and can recommend the perfect solution for your home.
Water Softener Benefits
- Protect laundry and help it last with easier-on-fabric soft water.
- Use, and spend, less on personal care and cleaning products that go farther — and feel better — with softer water.
- Save on utility bills and extend the life of major appliances, with more efficient soft water for everything from the washing machine to the coffee maker.
- Keep hair, skin, and nails looking and feeling great with soft water that’s easier on your whole shower routine.
Northwest Ohio Culligan Water Softener
People living in and around Tiffin and Fremont have trusted their water to Culligan. With cutting-edge water softening technology, a tradition of customer service, over 80 years of experience, and expertise from local employees, you’ll find that it’s more than a water softener with Culligan – it’s an investment in your home.
- Culligan water softeners come with professional installation, routine maintenance for maximum efficiency, and the expertise of local, Tiffin and Fremont water experts to help you learn more about your water, and the best way to soften it.
- We know water, and water softening technology, it’s why we hold more patents for water softening and treatment than any other water company.
- We’re proud to offer one of the most efficient water softeners on the market today, the Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener.
Hard water is the result of mineral buildup in your city or well water, most commonly from calcium and lime. Hard water can reduce the quality of water in your home and may also be driving up your water bills, cleaning costs and more. The signs of hard water are not always obvious, but can have detrimental effects on your home. Hard water can cause corrosive build of scale from mineral deposits in your pipes. Over time, your pipes can clog, water flow can diminish and water pressure will be reduced. Your local Culligan water expert offers range of water softener products that fits your needs, wallet and for every size of household.
The Culligan High Efficiency Water Softener is the most efficient water softener in the market. You save more on water, salt, and electricity with patented smart technology that makes our high-efficiency water softeners up to 46% more efficient than other softeners. Not only will you be saving your wallet by reducing water and electricity costs, but you will also be decreasing your home’s environmental footprint.
Water Softener Product Specifications
Culligan’s proportional brining allows your softener to regenerate only that part of the resin bed that has been exhausted, reducing its salt usage.
- Automatic bypass valve provides the convenience of bypassing the water softener from the softener itself or the remote display.
- Patented Culligan Aqua-Sensor® technology automatically adjusts to changes in water conditions so the softener only regenerates when needed, saving you salt, water, and money.
- Our smart brine tank automatically monitors salt levels and tells you how many days of salt are remaining.
- Exclusive Culligan Soft-Minder® meter monitors daily water use and provides advanced system diagnostics.
- The easy-to-read backlit display with digital clock lets you know your softener is working and alerts you to any system malfunctions.
- Culligan’s Dial-a-Softness® Valve allows you to customize the “feel” of your water, so it never feels too soft or too hard.
Frequently Asked Questions about Culligan Water Softeners
1. Will my water teste salty?
No. A properly functioning water softener will never make your water taste salty. The small amount of sodium added to the water will never create a salty taste.
2. How do I know if I have hard water?
Hard water usually manifests itself in several ways. It leaves white residue behind wherever water evaporates. When hardness reacts with soaps and detergents, it leaves a sticky soap scum behind, and in hot water heating systems it leaves behind a hard scale.
3. How does a water softener work?
A water softener works through a process known as “ion exchange,” which means that as it removes calcium and magnesium (elements that make water “hard”), it replaces those ions on a one for one basis, usually with sodium. This means that the amount of sodium added to the water is directly proportional to how hard your water is. In most instances the amount being added is so small that it is not a significant contributor to the amount of sodium in your diet.
4. Will a water softener reverse the damage that has already been done to my appliances?
Yes, if your hard water has been building up scale in your appliances, once you install a softener it will begin to remove that built-up scale. It will take a long time to remove it, but it will remove it.
5. Will the softener remove all impurities from my water?
Unfortunately, no. A water softener is designed to remove hardness (calcium and magnesium) from water. They can sometimes remove a limited amount of iron and manganese if you happen to have these problems as well. But if you are looking for great water for drinking and cooking, you should probably consider a reverse osmosis system for that purpose.
6. Are there chemicals used or put into the water to soften the water?
Other than salt or potassium chloride, there are no other chemicals that a water softener uses. On the contrary, using a water softener reduces the amount of cleaning supplies and detergents that you need to put down the drain trying to keep your home and family clean. Using a water softener is very environmentally friendly.
7. How long after installation will I have soft water?
Once a softener is installed, it will begin to soften your water immediately, However, if you have a tank-type hot water heater, it may take a few days to use up that hard water, until you feel the full effects of soft water.
8. How often do I need to add salt?
Most good softeners today, recharge based on how many gallons of water you use, and how hard your water is to start with. However, most of our customers today are adding salt once or twice a year, on average.